Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Buddy and Grandma visit Portland

This past weekend, Mom, Buddy and Grandma came to visit. I was very excited for them to come, and especially to see Buddy who I haven't seen since we moved. They got here Friday afternoon, and Buddy was decked out in WSU gear, thinking he was coming to Pullman instead of Portland. He was very happy to be here though and see where Mack and I live. He investigated the whole house before he plopped down on the sofa and played the xbox with Mack. Mom and grandma made us dinner Friday night and we got to eat as a big family around our small table. Mack and I went to our weekly movie night and came home to find Buddy and Mom in our bed because Cooper wouldn't leave them alone out on the couch, so Mack and I slept in the family room.
Saturday morning we got up and had breakfast, then rode the Maxx (Portland's light rail system) downtown to go to the market. Buddy enjoyed seeing all the bands and people downtown, and Grandma liked a pub we brought her to with a yummy warm cheese plate. After that we came home and had a little rest from the sleepless night. After a little break we ventured to Tigard where Mom bought me new rainboots for graduation, and grandma got a few things. We were going to eat at Cheesecake Factory, but it was a 2 hour wait! We were so tired we just went to Red Robin instead.
Sunday we decided to be lazy, and got a late start. We went to Costco to do a bit of bulk shopping, then to a shopping center for more shopping! Buddy and Mack were a bit sick of shopping to say the least. Sunday night we had another nice home cooked meal, and watched a movie.
Monday morning we got up and went out to breakfast before I went to school and the family headed home. It was a great weekend, but too short for me.






No comments:

Post a Comment